Event Calendar

Zumba, Rock & Salsa 3/25

9:00 AM / Comments (0) / by BayScope

So I've been checking the weather reports lately and it's seems like we'll finally get a break from the rain on Sunday, just in time for the Scavenger Hunt & Farmer's Market. In the meantime, start your weekend right with a great happy hour, (I prefer Chevy's & Applebees) and then get to the main attractions. Here's what's up for today.


FRIDAY


Zumba After Dark - Workout Session
Studio S Broadway Academy of Dance
2047 Broadway St., Redwood City
8pm - 10pm

I know I'm not a morning person, and I definitely could use a good workout so this would be perfect for me. If you haven't already heard, Zumba is the latest in fitness craze that turns latin dance into a form of excercising. The videos on the site explain it all and for only $12 you can get a nice 90 minute workout. So if you've been skipping the gym because it's not "exciting" enough for you then stop by. I know Redwood City is a way's out, but from what I can see, it looks worth it.


Rocksteady Nights at Hard Rock Cafe
Pier 39 Ste.256, San Francisco
9pm - until

The Hard Rock Cafe is one of my favorite places to go. The people are interesting, the food is tasty, just add music and you're in for a great night. Tonight from 9pm until cloing go out and enjoy Rocksteady Night at the Hard Rock, featuring DJ Platurn. It's 21+ and there's a $5 cover which isn't that bad. There are also weekly drink specials that you'll enjoy so go out, dance and have fun.


Salsa Dance Party
Habanas
1518 Park St., Alameda
6pm - 1am

I had a friend who initially though chips and dip created a Salsa part, but here it's all about the dance. Habanas is hosting from 6pm until 1am. From 6 to 10pm enjoy some live music from LOS SANTOS PERDIDOS and other guest artists, then from 10 till 1am the real party starts with DJ Juanka. There's no cover so bring a friend or 3 and dance.

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All reviews and opinions on this blog are my own. Any photos posted are either my own or belong to a contributor, posted with their permission. Event information has been found online via several event sites and compiled here, so if any event information is incorrect, or an event it cancelled, you can blame that on the site I found it on.