Event Calendar

New Year's Day

9:10 AM / Comments (0) / by BayScope

Good morning and Happy New Year to ALL!!!

Even with so many events going on last night, you can be sure that there is ALWAYS something going on, and New Year's Day is no exception. So if you're up to it, here are a few things happening today...


Kung Fu & Lion Dancing: Cultural Day Celebration


Portsmouth Square
733 Kearny Street, SF


For all you people out there that love dance performances and kung fu, this is the place to be. There will be singing, live dance performances and some great kung fu demonstrations. It will be in Chinatown and lasts till noon, so if you didn't party too hard last night, you should be able to make it. Oh, and it's FREE!


African Drumming, Black Film Festival & Spoken Word
Marcus Books
1712 Fillmore Street, SF

So with today being the last day of Kwanzaa (Imani meaning Faith), go out and celebrate it with these people at Marcus Books in the city. There will be spoken word, some authentic music, food and gifts! And this event is also FREE! So even if you don't celebrate Kwanzaa, you really can't go wrong with free food and gifts. Also, the SF Black Film Festival will have a screening for your further enjoyment.


ALSO...

I'd LOVE to hear some crazy New Year's stories. I know that with so much going on last night there has to be some great pictures around somewhere. If you want your pics to be featured, email me and tell me about your New Years Night! I'm always looking for something to post. And be sure to send me any other events you think I should add to the calendar.

Email me at bayscope(@)ymail.com
Follow me on Twitter @BayScope

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All reviews and opinions on this blog are my own. Any photos posted are either my own or belong to a contributor, posted with their permission. Event information has been found online via several event sites and compiled here, so if any event information is incorrect, or an event it cancelled, you can blame that on the site I found it on.