Event Calendar

Swing, Fashion & Haunted Houses 4/15

9:00 AM / Comments (0) / by BayScope

We're only 3 away from the 100 post mark. I'm looking at my calendar and it's almost hard to believe all the events I've found and posted in the last 3 1/2 months. So far this blog isn't exactly where I want it to be, but it's a start. There will be changes for the better coming soon, but you have to start somewhere. I think for once I'm actually going to enjoy my weekend. After such a tiresome week, I know I'm not the only one that deserves it.

FRIDAY


Disaster Preparedness Fair
Union Square
Powell St. &  Geary, San Francisco
11am - 12pm

We haven't had a major earthquake since '89, and with all the craziness happening in Japan, there's a good chance we could be next. So to prepare for that next big earthquake, the Red Cross is throwing a public rally in Union Square. Play some games, get free first-aid training, and win a disaster preparedness kits. Lots of things to do all to help you gear up for that day. Better safe than sorry.


Spring Swing Concert
Oakland City Center
1414 Clay St., Oakland
12pm - 1pm

Big band music is the best. I wish I could have been born during that time, but I'll have to settle for listening to mp3 and watching old movies. The Oakland city center is having a spring swing concert today at noon featuring Larent Fourgo and His Ensemble. Stop by for some old fashioned sounds for this free concert.


F3 Fashion & Art Show
Cotton Mill Studios
1091 Calcot Place, Oakland
6pm - 10pm

This is one of the ultimate in art shows, and it's free! Cotton Mill Studios presents art in all forms. You'll see work from numerous designers and craftsmen. Enjoy lots of food and music while you relish over paintings & photos. Catch the bart because parking is limited, and you'll have access to a free F3 shuttle to the event. Though everything is free, they are accepting donations. Gas isn't cheap!


Haunted Houses @ Books Inc.
Books Inc.
1344 Park St., Alameda
7pm - 8pm

If you're one of those people who believe in the great beyond, here's something you might be interested in. Bay Area Haunted House Hunter Jeff Dwyer will be at Books Inc tonight in Alameda. He is an experienced "paranormal investigator" who will mingling with the public and available for questioning. So if your house has one too many bumps in the night, let him know. He may be able to help.

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All reviews and opinions on this blog are my own. Any photos posted are either my own or belong to a contributor, posted with their permission. Event information has been found online via several event sites and compiled here, so if any event information is incorrect, or an event it cancelled, you can blame that on the site I found it on.